8 Facts about Sports Injuries.
- Sports injuries usually cause damage to the Cartilage, Ligaments, Meniscus
- The most commonly Injured areas are Knee, Shoulder, Ankle.
- If the degree of injury is mild to moderate, it usually heals with Rest, Medication, and Physiotherapy.
- When Injury is severe, it has to be resolved by Surgery.
- The most preferred Surgical Option is Arthroscopic Method, wherein, using small incisions, scopes are introduced into the Joint, and the injured structures are repaired or reconstructed.
- Since Incisions are small, recovery is faster.
- Most of the implants used to repair/reconstruct the injured structures are Bioabsorbable. We need not remove them.
- After Surgery and proper rehabilitation, persons can return to sporting activities.
Eight Facts about Primary Knee Replacement
23 Mar 2021
It also means resurfacing. The worn-out cartilage surface is removed and lined with smooth…
Eight Facts about Revision Knee Replacement
16 Feb 2021
It means to remove the old implant and put a new one. The most common causes are Aseptic L…
Random Thoughts on How to minimise Low Back Pain
03 Dec 2020
Nowadays, We spend more time sitting at a stretch either Work, Commute or Home watching T…