8 Facts about Primary Knee Replacement
- It also means resurfacing. The worn-out cartilage surface is removed and lined with smooth metal, ceramic or poly materials.
- The Main indication is severe pain due to rough Cartilage, which has not improved with medication, physiotherapy.
- The quality of life will improve so that the person undergoing surgery will be independent and pain-free.
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis are common causes.
- The implants are made of Cobalt Chrome, Titanium, Oxinium, Polyethylene.
- Based on the amount of cartilage and ligament damage, We can use unconstrained, semi-constrained, and fully constrained knees.
- The life span is about 15-20 years, and the complication rate is less than 1%
- There are various methods to do like the Manual (Gold Standard), using Navigation, Using Robots. The latter two have a high learning curve.
Eight Facts about Primary Knee Replacement
23 Mar 2021
It also means resurfacing. The worn-out cartilage surface is removed and lined with smooth…
Eight Facts about Revision Knee Replacement
16 Feb 2021
It means to remove the old implant and put a new one. The most common causes are Aseptic L…
Random Thoughts on How to minimise Low Back Pain
03 Dec 2020
Nowadays, We spend more time sitting at a stretch either Work, Commute or Home watching T…