8 Facts about Primary Hip Replacement
- It also means resurfacing. The worn-out cartilage surface is removed and lined with smooth metal, ceramic or poly materials.
- The Main indication is severe pain due to rough Cartilage, which has not improved with medication, physiotherapy.
- The quality of life will improve so that the person undergoing surgery will be independent and pain-free.
- In Hip Replacement, the bearing surfaces are Polyethylene, Ceramic, Metal. The type of fixation can be Uncemented, Cemented, or Hybrid.
- The bearing surface, implant design, and type of fixation depend on factors like the patient's age, local condition, and bone strength.
- Common Causes for surgery are Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, AVN, Fractures of the proximal femur.
- The success rate of the surgery is around 98% for a 10-15 year duration.
- It is one of the very few procedures that give dramatic results immediately after surgery.
Eight Facts about Primary Knee Replacement
23 Mar 2021
It also means resurfacing. The worn-out cartilage surface is removed and lined with smooth metal, ce…
Eight Facts about Revision Knee Replacement
16 Feb 2021
It means to remove the old implant and put a new one. The most common causes are Aseptic Loosening,…
Random Thoughts on How to minimise Low Back Pain
03 Dec 2020
Nowadays, We spend more time sitting at a stretch either Work, Commute or Home watching Television.…